St. Columba's Isle, Snizort.
This small island in the River Snizort is an ancient and important religious site in the west of Scotland.
In this beautiful spot, known as Eilean Chaluin Chille, the Island of Columba's Church, was the cathedral church of the Bishops of the Isles 1079-1498.
It is just seaward of the road bridge across the river. Access is off the minor road to Tote & Crepigill from the main Portree-Dunvegan road.
Picture Added on 26 June 2014.